VHI Alternatives to VHI PMI 37 13 for 37 y/o Male

evil_g

Hi,

I've just received my renewal quote from VHI PMI 37 13. It's going to cost €1,147.91 , (after €200 tax relief at source).

I'm a 37 year old male with no known health issues.

Just wondering if there anything out there that might be better value that I should be looking at?

I would like the option of private care for elective medical procedures if I wanted.

Thanks in advance.

The following selection of options cover all public and private hospitals with a capped excess for admissions. Limited day to day cover.

1. Irish Life Benefit plan; price 965pa;(price from 1 Jan 2020) all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at 200 x 2 max
per year for all admissions. Day case excess 125 per procedure. Limited day to day cover. There is the option for free travel insurance on this plan.
There is a 2000 co payment for hip and knee replacement surgery on this plan in private hospitals.

2. VHI One Plan 250; price 896pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private excess 250 x 2 max for all admissions per year, day case excess
150 per procedure. Limited day to day cover. 80% orthopaedic cover on this plan, hip and knee replacement.

3. Laya Essential Health 300; price 894pa; all public and private hospitals covered, private excess capped at 300 x 2 per year for all admissions,
day case excess 125 per procedure. Limited day to day cover. Full orthopaedic cover on this plan.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

For a similar priced plan, there is extra day to day cover with Laya. Details as follows;
4. Laya Inspire plan; price 1140pa(price from 1 Jan) all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private excess 150 per admission and 50 per
day case procedure. Good day to day cover on this plan, refund of 50% for gp visits, consultants, dental etc.

If you want to lower costs further, there is a cheaper option with VHI which has a selected list of hospitals covered. The Dublin private hospitals covered
are good options. You would need to check out the actual hospitals covered to ensure they suit your location. Details as follows;
5. VHI Smart Plan 250; Price 820pa; selected list of public and private hospitals covered. Private excess 250 per claim and day case excess 150 per
procedure. Limited day to day cover.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...Mb2NrIjpmYWxzZSwicGxhbl9kZXRhaWxfaWQiOi0xfX1d

Regards, Snowyb

Back