VHI Alternatives to VHI Company Plan Executive Excess

VoiceofReason

Evening all

I am looking at alternative plans to the above for my in-laws. 81 and 79 and in relatively good health. With VHI for decades but the cost of this plan is proving challenging.

I'd be grateful for any/all alternative suggestions as I am a bit worried if I do it purely on the HIA website I'll miss something they have currently.

Thank you for reading

VoiceofReason,

VHI Company Plan Executive Excess means that your in-laws have unlimited access to the hi-tech hospitals Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private,
in a semi-private room.
There are 2 cheaper alternative options with Laya healthcare to consider, first option including day to day cover, second option with limited day to day cover. Both plans have extra cover for a private room in the hi-tech hospitals. Details as follows;

1. Laya Empower 150 Create; price 3219pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered for a private room, excess 150 per admission or day case. Good day to day cover, 1 excess, slightly less than before.
[broken link removed]

2. Laya Empower 150 Connect; price 3107pa; public, private and hi-tech hospitals covered for a private room, excess 150 per admission or day
case. Limited day to day cover.
[broken link removed]

In order to achieve savings, another VHI plan worth considering is plan 'PMI 42 15; price 1740pa.
Regarding hi-tech hospital cover - cardiac, orthopaedic and a fairly extensive list of other surgery and procedures are fully covered in a semi-private room. There is no excess for admissions or day case on this plan.
Note; it is hard to get specific information regarding this list from VHI.
The 2 hi-tech hospitals fully cover orthopaedic surgery ie hip or knee replacement on this plan, regardless of having 80% cover, they don't pass
the shortfall onto the patient.
Day to day cover is similar to their current plan.
[broken link removed]

Maybe, even if one person switches to this plan, depending on their health issues it could be an option to significantly reduce costs.

Regards, Snowyb

SnowyB

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. You have certainly given me some great info and helped me to narrow down the direction to look in.

Likely to want to stay with VHI based on the number of years they are with them so PMI 42.15 looks like it is worth investigating further.

Thank you, I'll repost with what they go with

Back