Alternatives to Tiles in shower area?

laila

Any suggestions for what to use instead of tiles in a shower area? Am puting in a new shower tray and shower door. Have to do a complete retile of the area but would prefer to use something other than tiles as within a year or two the grout will be yellow from fake tan and hair dye and it will just look mangy again. I have heard that it is possible to buy sheet plastic but am also told that this discolours more than tile grout. Thanks.

Theres stuff you can get that is like lino but its for walls, the flat i was renting had it in the bathroom and it was great for keeping clean. It was a white colour with a greyish fleck through it , It seemed to be in big sheets a few feet wide and went floor to ceiling. Sorry dont know what its called or where to buy it though ! Maybe try Atlantic , B & Q etc

Not sure what colour tiles you were thinking of but I used a lovely brown/gold/amber mosiac sheet in the shower area, which I then grouted with dark brown grout! As a fake tanner/hair dyer myself I know whites a disaster, so this solution worked perfectly for me! Cream tiles in the rest of the bathroom...

check out colourglass.ie - i am not connected to the company. Different from tiles and a great look.

Back