Laya Alternatives to Simple Connect Renewal please.

Beanóg

Hello Snowyb,

I'm new at this and may have posted my query incorrectly yesterday.

Maybe you can advise me too.

I just received my health insurance from renewal from Laya today. A body blow at €4,640.32 for our family of eight.
Our current plan is Simply Connect (all the family) but as of today is outside our family budget. We are located in Cork and would need access to the public/private hospitals there.

Breakdown as follows.
2 Adults
1 x 20 year old
1 x 18 year old
4 more kids ranging from ages 17,15,12 and 11.

Can you advise as to which companies offer the best cover for all of us please.

Rgds & thanks.

Hi Beanog,

Welcome to AAM. Quick question, when is your renewal date?

Snowyb

Hello Snowyb,

Our renewal date is 01/08/2017.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Beanog,

There's very good news today re special offers for children from 1st August which will work very well in your case.
Details as follows; The offers are all with VHI, who also allow children to be insured on their own, an adult is just named on the policy but just
the children are insured. With VHI you pay for the first 3 children and the rest are free.

1. One + Plan; price 148pa per child. All public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private excess 125 per admission or day case.
2. One Plan Complete; price 167pa per child. All public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. No private hospital excess per admission
or day case.
[broken link removed]

For the 18 and 20 year old young adults, the following VHI plan PMI 12 11, is worth considering; Details as follows;

VHI PMI 12 11; price 363pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, Private hospital excess 125 per admission or day case.
[broken link removed]

NOTE; the above options for both children and young adults have limited day to day cover, but the overall savings will cover a lot of medical expenses.

2 Adults
For yourselves, you could stay on Laya Simply Connect price 1179pa; if you wish while the rest of the family switch to VHI as above.
An alternative similar plan with VHI is PMI 43 16; price 1171 per adult, you are not obliged to switch companies as VHI allow children
and young adults to be insured without an adult if required.
[broken link removed]

If day to day cover is not a priority for yourselves, there is a second alternative plan with VHI PMI 40 15, price 1081pa, which covers all public, private and Beacon hi-tech hospital. Private excess 75 per private admission and 50 per day case.
[broken link removed]

There is no excess to pay in any public hospital, just private or hi-tech admissions or day case.

So there's substantial savings to be achieved based on the above choices.
Sorry for the delay in replying, I was hanging on until the information re special offers was released - well worth the wait.

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
Indeed, well worth the wait.

Many thanks for all your hard work and time spent on this. A big weight off my mind.

Rgds,

Beanog.

Back