Health Insurance Alternatives to LAYA Simplicity

horusd

My policy is due up when I'm abroad, so hoping to explore competitive alternatives to Simplicity. I like the plan I'm on, I definitely want to hols onto ophthalmic cover, but looking for some alternatives. Anyone any suggestions? The HIA website is somewhat confusing.

The HIA site is confusing because the health insurance market is confusing and providers deliberately have oodles and oodles of slightly different policies to bamboozle consumers. You'll just have to try to drill down the HIA site to identify policies suitable for your specific needs or else contact a broker (although I'm not sure if there are (m)any non tied agents in the health insurance field?).

We moved from Simplicity to Control 300 Create
There was a small reduction in the ophthalmic (prescriptions) cover €150 down to €100
This was more than covered in the cheaper premium €1535.46 down to €1309.10

Thanks guys. I did a quick look at those three and they all seem fairly good. There's a thing on the laya site where you can compare alternatives, it's a bit clumsy but will help me decide. I like Laya - always found them responsive. so I'd prefer to stay with them.

@ClubMan . It does, but the LAYA one is better for my purposes as you can email cover details (single sheet) to yourself and even highlight the differences only.

@ClubMan . It does, but the LAYA one is better for my purposes as you can email cover details (single sheet) to yourself and even highlight the differences only.
But by restricting yourself to just Laya policies you might be missing out on better deals?

Back