Alternative to Storage Heating

Brigid

Hi, we have a small office and although there is a tiny back yard, I am not inclined to go down the route of getting a gas or oil tank. We have Dimplex electric storage heaters and high bills!
Are there any new electric heaters that are super efficient or would people think that storage heating is the best way to go about it and it is really down to the insulation etc?

thanks in advance for any comments.

Are your storage heaters on the half price night-saver rate?
Strange that the bills are so high.
Usually the complaints for storage heaters are about the lack of control, and the limited 'boost' ability in the evenings but for an office that should be less of an issue assuming ye are broadly 9-5.
Also, I assume if you're in Ireland you're not running them at present...

Are your storage heaters on the half price night-saver rate?
Strange that the bills are so high.
Usually the complaints for storage heaters are about the lack of control, and the limited 'boost' ability in the evenings but for an office that should be less of an issue assuming ye are broadly 9-5.
Also, I assume if you're in Ireland you're not running them at present...

Storage Heaters are a thing of the past...Look out for something like ATC Sunray or equivalent product.. I have used Sunray and some versions can be managed remotely and you can turn on/off heating via app on phone.

Regards

Gas doesn't require a tank. Only a box on the outside of the house, the boiler 80cm x 40 cm and the optional cylinder and it provides hot water.
Heat pumps are even better if you have space and adequate insulation.

Back