VHI Alternative to PMI 4115

michaelm

An elderly relative of mine (70's) whose inertia prevents them from moving from VHI is looking for an alternative to PMI 4115 . . would be interested in a better plan for the same money or a cheaper plan with the same cover, but still VHI. Renewal 08/01/18. PMI 4416 looks like a reasonable cheaper alternative but maybe someone knows of a hidden gem among the plethora of options.

Last edited:
I would be interested in this information as well as it is my current plan.

I took this plan originally on the recommendation (for others) of Snowyb on AAM.

Snowyb is a total legend on healthcare plans on AAM. Thank you. You have saved me and my friends/family a fortune.

I have been happy with this plan.

But, if things have changed, I am a wiilling student to learn of new options.

Kind regards

Marion

michaelm & Marion,

The 2 alternative options to PMI 41 15 are as follows;
1. VHI PMI 44 16; price 1102pa; all public, private(including a private room) + 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per private/hi-tech
admission or day case. Limited day to day cover.

2. VHI PMI 43 16; price 1171pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, excess 150 per private/hi-tech admission, day case excess
50 per visit. Good day to day cover with a 1 euro excess.
[broken link removed]

VHI PMI 43 16 would be similar to PMI 41 15 with similar day to day cover and inpatient hospital cover. The only difference is the inpatient
excess for private/hi-tech hospital admissions. 150 compared to 75. Day case excess is 50 per visit on both plans.

If day to day cover is not a priority, then PMI 44 16 is a good option. There is extra cover for a private room in a private hospital on this plan also.
The other difference is the excess of 150 for admissions and day case visits in private hospitals.

There will be a list of price changes announced shortly on the HIA website, applicable from 1 Jan 2018.
I doubt it if VHI will make any more reductions as they already made a substantial list recently, but it will be interesting to see
what price changes are on the list from all 3 providers.

Regards, Snowyb

Last edited:
Back