VHI Alternative to PM37 13

Rhymnoceros

Hi,

I'm a 31 yr old male in good health at the minute and have been signed up to this plan for the last number of years with renewal coming up. I've no interest in day to day expenses as currently I'm at the doctor approx 1-2 times per year so my main interest was to be covered in case anything major went wrong and not have to deal with waiting lists etc. I also run a lot but thankfully injury free but would be nice to have cover for potential knee/hip injuries.

I'm happy with the plan in that regard as it seems to cover what I need but wondering if anyone could recommend a cheaper plan worth looking at with similar cover or if perhaps I'm over covered. I'm not interested in private rooms or anything like that for example just if anything serious went wrong to have access to good treatment quickly.

Thanks.

Rhymnoceros,

The plan PMI 37 13 covers 3 types of hospital cover including public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals (Beacon, Blackrock Clinic and Mater Private.
The private/hi-tech excess for admissions or day case procedures is 100 per admission/procedure.
There are 2 cheaper priced plans that cover 3 types of hospital cover but the excess per admission is either 450 or 600 and 150 per day case procedure. Details as follows;
[broken link removed]

Other cheaper priced plans would just cover public and private hospitals with limited or no hi-tech hospital cover. They are worth considering
to make savings without compromising on private hospital cover. Details as follows;
[broken link removed]

There are 2 plans with full hospital cover similar to PMI 37 13, at a similar enough price but with extra day to day cover included.
Details as follows;
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thanks Snowyb for that reply. Much appreciated and I'll look into the options you presented. Cheers for all the good work you do on this forum

Back