Laya Alternative to LAYA Total Health Plus

Deekee

Hi,
I currently have LAYA Total Health Plus cover for myself & my husband. We’re very happy with the level of cover, but just wondering if anyone haș recommendations for a good (cheaper) alternative.
I also have LAYA Connect Care 100 policies for our 19 & 22 year old full-time student children, so the combined bill is quite hefty!

Looking forward to hearing about any suggestions you might have.

Hi Deekee,

Welcome to AAM.
Adult Option;
A very good alternative to your current plan is called Laya Simplicity. Details as follows;

1. Laya Simplicity; price 1191pa; all public, private(including private room), and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private/hi-tech excess 100 x 2 max
per year for all admissions to a private or hi-tech hospital. Day case excess 50 per visit. Good day to day cover - the first 100 not allowed.
This plan is similar to your current plan. The only difference relates to the day to day excess amount - the first 100 not allowed.
[broken link removed]

19 and 22 yr olds;
A good altenative option for the 19 and 22 year old is with VHI as they are best value at the moment for young adults.

1. Company Plan Plus level 1.3; price 392(19 yr old) + 664(22 year old).
All public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private/hi-tech excess 150 per admission and 50 per day case procedure.
Good day to day cover, 50% refund for gp, consultant visits etc.
[broken link removed]

Total family price; 1191 + 1191 + 392 + 664 = 3438pa

Regards, Snowyb

Hi Snowyb,
Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a detailed response.
I had spent ages going through the various options on the HIA website, and was totally bamboozled! Am going to go back now & check out your suggestions.

Once again, I really appreciate your reply.

Back