Health Insurance Alternative to Laya Company Care Premium(No excess)

Westofireland

Hi I have been on Company Care Premium(No Excess) for about 7 years and it's €2205.

I'm 57, had cancer 20 years ago, see a couple of consultants and GP perhaps 15 times a year. Are there alternatives or is this a good deal?

Laya Connect Simplicity is significantly cheaper but ticks boxes in terms of hospital cover if you are ok to pay excess per hospital visit.

It has cap on out patient refunds of 1000e per year. 50 percent refund per GP visit.

Total Health Plus also worth checking out if you are ok with shortfall on orthopaedic and opthalmic procedures eg hip replacement, cataracts.

Hi I have been on Company Care Premium(No Excess) for about 7 years and it's €2205.

I'm 57, had cancer 20 years ago, see a couple of consultants and GP perhaps 15 times a year. Are there alternatives or is this a good deal?

Hi Westofireland, my understanding is that LAYA's Company Care Premium (No Excess} is coming in at nearly €3300 for the year 2021.

You are paying top dollar to avoid excesses.

As well as the very good plans suggested by odyssey06 I would give serious consideration to Simplicity from LAYA at €1535 for 2021.
It has a small excess of €100 per claim on the first two claims per year only; This excess is per claim and not per night. No excess applies to 5 orthopaedic procedures (hip and knee replacement) in 12 private hospitals.

Given that you see a couple of consultants and your GP perhaps 15 times a year or so Simplicity has quite good everyday benefits and you would get 50% of those costs back. There is, however, an excess of €100 on these everyday expenses claims.

There is a hell of a difference between €3300 and €1535 for the sake of taking on some small excesses.

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Just to note on Simplicity that there is a excess of €100 on day to day medical expenses, so for your first few GP visits you submit the claim but you won't get any actual refund. Once you've cleared that €100 then you will get 50% back per visit.
And remember to claim on MED1 for any expenses LAYA didn't reimburse.

This is not to suggest you shouldn't switch to Simplicity, more a heads-up not to be concerned if first few refunds come back zero.

Back