VHI Alternative to Company Plan

canismajor

Hi ,

I am 36 , non smoker female. I have been with VHI since I was 28 on my own private plan and am currently on company plan. I have never used my health insurance and am now finding money tight and insurance prices rising constantly. I was in a relationship when I got the plan and hoped to fall pregnant so got a plan that covered maternity. I am now single but maybe in 2/4 years I may be lucky enough to settle down and have a family (wishful thinking). I am wondering if there are better alternatives for me then Company Plan as I will be out of work for 1/4 of this year (contractor) and money is tight. Any help would be appreciated, I find it too overwhelming with all the options.

Hi canismajor,

Welcome to AAM. The following 3 plans have similar cover to your current plan and are worth considering,
the main difference is the excess amount only payable on admission or day case in a private hospital.
Details as follows;
[broken link removed]

Regards, Snowyb

Thank you so much Snowyb. I think I will go with the Laya Essential Health 300. It will save me a lot of money and cover my needs from what I see :) Do you happen to know will my current VHI multi-trip travel insurance still work fine- I think it should. from what I can tell the Laya will cover me up to 100.000 and the travel insurance will kick in after that

I don't know about travel insurance and changing health insurance policies. You would have to confirm this with VHI to be sure.

Snowyb

Back