VHI Alternative to Company Plan

Discussion in 'Health Insurance and healthcare costs' started by canismajor, Apr 18, 2017.

1. canismajor

canismajor New Member

Hi ,

I am 36 , non smoker female. I have been with VHI since I was 28 on my own private plan and am currently on company plan. I have never used my health insurance and am now finding money tight and insurance prices rising constantly. I was in a relationship when I got the plan and hoped to fall pregnant so got a plan that covered maternity. I am now single but maybe in 2/4 years I may be lucky enough to settle down and have a family (wishful thinking). I am wondering if there are better alternatives for me then Company Plan as I will be out of work for 1/4 of this year (contractor) and money is tight. Any help would be appreciated, I find it too overwhelming with all the options.

2. snowyb

snowyb Frequent Poster

3. canismajor

canismajor New Member

Thank you so much Snowyb. I think I will go with the Laya Essential Health 300. It will save me a lot of money and cover my needs from what I see :) Do you happen to know will my current VHI multi-trip travel insurance still work fine- I think it should. from what I can tell the Laya will cover me up to 100.000 and the travel insurance will kick in after that

4. snowyb

snowyb Frequent Poster

I don't know about travel insurance and changing health insurance policies. You would have to confirm this with VHI to be sure.

Snowyb

5. canismajor

canismajor New Member

Will do. Thanks again Snowyb :)