almera dims

D

dekkaman

both my son and i have almera cars and both dims are very poor...sons worse than mine,,,have tried 100watt h7 lamps in his to no great avail...any suggestions ?????

Hi there...thank you very much for your help..it was very much appreciated...this is my first time on this site and not great with the computer///the said son is coming home for christmas and he will chase up your suggestions...happy christmas and thanks again

hi mathemac...my almera is 05 and sons is 02 ...both english imports..your info via honest johns indicates that this is a recurring problem with this model of car..as my car is less than 5 years old i will try the nissan dealer after christmas and see if i qualify for free replacements...my son is due an nct in jan. and i cannot see it passing ,incidentally my car passed the nct august 09...the lamp holders are burnt even though there was the standard 55 watt lamps installed in the 02..looks like he will have to bite the bullet and buy new headlamps...i will keep you informed in the new year as to how we get on...thanks again...dekkaman

Hi Mathemac..thank you for info....purchased two new headlamps for 300 euro and passed nct so alls well...I have another query for you....almera 2005 key fob suddenly stopped working....only have one ..other lost...am able to get into car with key but unable to start...am getting new battery for fob...have you any instructions for reprogramming fob or will it be necessary,,,i am just guessing that it is the battery thats faulty...any advice would be very welcome ...thanks in advance

the headlamps in that car should have been replaced FOC.
as reguarding your starting problems the almera as with all other nissans they give hassle with the imobiliser unit. the car should still start weather the fob works or not.

you could try disconnecting the battery for 5 mins and reconnecting it but if that doesnt work you may need to get the car reprogrammed by nissan. sorry for the bad news but knowing is better than wondering.

re the replacemenr headlamps...the main dealers just were not interested...rang all round..so just bit the bullet and paid up...thanks re the fob problem...will get somebody to tow me to the main dealer thanks for advice

Back