Allowable pension contribution on 4 day week

DCSF

Registered User
Messages
33
Hi,
Age 60, now on 4 day week..
I'm allowed 35,% pension contribution towards pension scheme and AVC.
I'm doing lump sum contributions to AVC.
Does 4 day week affect how much I can contribute?
ie is the 35% of my current reduced salary or of full salary if i would be on if still on 5 day week?
TIA
 
35% of your gross pay for USC.
Hi S class, I don’t understand this bit, what’s the relevance of USC?

I thought the Max allowable was simply 35% of actual earnings? Seems like I am missing something.

Thanks
 
Don't forget that where was a High Court ruling a few weeks ago that employers also have to pay pension on regular overtime.
 
I thought the Max allowable was simply 35% of actual earnings? Seems like I am missing something.
Gross pay for USC would include any BIK/bonus/other non pensionable pay as well, that is considered earnings for the limit. Don't forget the hard limit for earnings is 115k annually regardless of age or what the gross pay for USC is.
 
Back
Top