Alllow kids to play with other kids ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is isolated? What is it?? You are not letting your child interact with other people for the next two weeks. So how is that not isolation. Or is your argument that kids cant just play with other kids but you are free to bring your kids out and about to the shops etc?? I have checked with the HSE and they said there no guidance of any sort that children should not play with other children for the next two weeks. Only advice is to avoid large gatherings, minimise social interactions and practice good hygiene.

What are people doing here? Not letting their kids out at all for the next two weeks??

Really. So the virus has been spread by schoolchildren has it? Show me the evidence of that? And when you have locked up your kids for two weeks while adults are free to do want, and the government say schools will be closed for another three weeks, are you going to keep them locked up again? How long exactly are you going to tell your kids that they cant go outside and play with their neighbour in the garden. How long are going to keep your kids cooped up inside exactly to avoid meeting one single child?

There is so much nonsense at the moment. We now apparently have a gp come on here telling me that my 6 year old cant see another child for two weeks because that is the advice been given. While I am free to go to work, use public transport, go to shops, go to pubs, eat out, go to airport, get a flight. Why because the virus is the children's fault?

If one of you can show me one bit of official advice saying kids have to be kept isolated, then I will change my mind. And minimising social contact is not isolating children. People seem to think this is only a two week thing and have panic bought for two weeks and locked up their kids. They seem to think it will he back to normal then. It wont be. There might come a time when we need to isolate ourselves totally but it is not now. And any medical professional or anyone else claiming that a young child playing with another child is endangering the citizens of this country should be ashamed. Groups of more than 100 have been banned. Not 2 kids kicking a football outside.
Calm down Sunny, you're getting all worked up over an argument nobody is making. The advice given is to reduce social interactions. The advice also given is that the risk is lower outside compared to inside.
People can make their own judgement over how they interpret that. But nobody on here is saying your child cannot kick a ball around outdoors with the child next door so please stop getting in a rant over something nobody has said.

This is what I said on another thread fwiw
Agree with everything else you said Sunny but I think there has to be limiting of interaction with friends here. That's not to say a total isolation but indoor play dates should be discouraged. Playing outside is considered low risk so that should be fine once the children are taught to wash their hands immediately when they come back in and to follow the other advice given.

Last edited:

Dr. Ronan Glynn, Chief Medical Officer, Department of Health, said; “We appreciate these measures have a significant impact on the daily lives of families. However, they are necessary for the public good.

“Parents should try and avoid arranging play dates for groups of young children at this early stage of the outbreak.

“However, rather than staying indoors, consider outdoor activities such as playing football in the open in small groups of 3 or 4 while maintaining social distancing of 2 metres.

“This is a time to be mindful of the public health guidelines and apply these measures to your daily lives.”

Health care workers do not make these suggestions without a clear evidence basis.
Please take heed.
As a community,we can make a difference .

Is the 9pm news on RTÉ good enough for you sunny? Opening headlines just called on banning play dates.

Well then rte need to get their story straight.

My last post on this or any other subject related to cornavirus online. Treating what was introduced yesterday as some sort of absolute law which banned social contact is what led to panic buying. It leads to false information. It leads to increased anxiousness among kids and vulnerable people. Everyone needs to take precautions but leading as normal life as possible is also important. My friends 5 year old daughter went to bed last night asking was she going to get sick because she heard that in school that everyone was getting sick. And then suddenly school and activities are all cancelled. And then parents decide they csnt even call next door to play in the back garden.

Do what you want guys but let me know how limiting your kids social contact we with any other kids to zero is going in 5 to 6 weeks time. It wont be two weeks. And parents need to be worried about their teenage kids still hanging around in large groups around towns rather than 4 or 5 year old kids playing with their neighbour.

So the doctor on the radio station said every child should be isolated? What was his name?

This speaks volumes.

I think people need to realise that this is not like the snow closedown etc. there are serious repercussions. Is it such a big deal to avoid contact between children - you can still take them outside to run around but just not with other children. The same advice applies to adults in pubs by the way. Some contact is necessary (supermarkets, pharmacies etc) - other contact is avoidable and therefore should be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back