All Champions League Games free on Livescore

odyssey06

If you're looking around at service providers for sports on TV this is something to bear in mind...

Virgin Media Sport will no longer have Champions League TV rights.
RTE will air 16 Tuesday night games and the final.
It's unclear who will have TV rights for 16 Wednesday night games.

LiveScore will be the exclusive free-to-air broadcaster of 104 UCL fixtures per season in Ireland.
The remaining 33 ties, including the UEFA Champions League final, will also be live-streamed on a non-exclusive basis.
The landmark deal ensures football fans in Ireland will be able to watch every single UCL fixture on a fully free-to-air platform, via the LiveScore app for iOS and Android.
Users will be able to watch the matches on their mobile or tablet devices, with the further option to ‘cast’ the action to their TV screens.

As I read a bit more about then you may be subjected to a lot of in game ads I suspect for gambling
In game versus before, half-time and after the game as is currently the case? That could be off-putting but they'd hardly have noisy ads popping up at the bottom of the screen - more likely to be scrolling ads at the bottom without sound I would have thought.

I'm a bit old school when it comes to things like this - but why don't this crowd liveScore just run a free to air tv channel and show the games ???? Watching anything on a small phone is pointless and casting it either doesn't work or gets laggy.
It's getting to the point where we'll need to download an app to go to the toilet.

In game versus before, half-time and after the game as is currently the case? That could be off-putting but they'd hardly have noisy ads popping up at the bottom of the screen - more likely to be scrolling ads at the bottom without sound I would have thought.
Yeah something like that would make more sense.

I'm a bit old school when it comes to things like this - but why don't this crowd liveScore just run a free to air tv channel and show the games ???? Watching anything on a small phone is pointless and casting it either doesn't work or gets laggy.
It's getting to the point where we'll need to download an app to go to the toilet.
I'd imagine there's a lot of overhead & costs involved in getting a channel out on Saorview, and then you would only be showing 1 game.
They already have the app and the infrastructure for streaming and they are trying to drive users to the app which is where they make their money from.
With streaming they can provide coverage of all games simultaneously.

I'd imagine there's a lot of overhead & costs involved in getting a channel out on Saorview, and then you would only be showing 1 game.
They already have the app and the infrastructure for streaming and they are trying to drive users to the app which is where they make their money from.
With streaming they can provide coverage of all games simultaneously.
Thanks. I can only manage to watch one game at a time - maybe its for the betting crowd who are only interested in real time betting. Judging by the junk channels that manage to get up and running on a free to air channel, I can't imagine its prohibitively expensive, but maybe it is relative to developing an app.

Irish TV tends to mostly show the Man Utd/Liverpool games so if you're not interested in watching them it will give you better options. Unless you had BT Sports or Virgin Media then you were restricted in which games you could watch. This opens things up and gives much more choice.

I wonder if the app will install and work on SmartTVs, Firesticks, Android boxes etc?

If so, that should ensure decent digital quality pictures and sound (subject to broadband etc.)

Back