Algarve or Majorca with 1 yr old

Wonderfish

First holiday away with our 1 yr old...

think we have it narrowed down to either majorca or algarve..

hoping to get some recommendations for places in either that would hopefully have the following:

* short airport transfer
* close to the beach
* close to restaurants etc
* good area for families

Hoping to head away in May :)

any suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks

Majorca for me. Water's too cold and choppy in Portugal. I'm going here in August, it was highly recommended to me.

Went here as well with a one year old but it's a bit further from the airport. Would highly recommend it.

Hello Wonderfish, Been to Majorca a few years back with our then 11 year old and stayed in Palma nova, We found it to be very family friendly and if going there look up the Nova apartments, This ticks all your boxes, That said we have spent the last few years going to Torremolinos which turned out to be the opposite of what I expected, First of all it is only a 2 and half hour flight to Malaga, The train station is directly across from the airport and the train takes 20 minutes to go to Torremolinos, I would highly recommend the don hotel complex as it has everything a couple with a young child could ask for, there are three hotels in the complex and nine swimming pools , Two saunas , Beautiful gardens for a stroll and a kiddies club , They also have aqua aerobics every morning in one of the pools , Dance lessons , Darts, Pistol shooting . Something going on every day to keep you entertained , It might not sound like it but it has a very laid back atmosphere, The beach is just outside the secured gates which is a 1 minute walk , Also you can walk the paseo with your buggy which is a beautiful walk along the coast and stop off for lunch in one of the many tapas bars.

Thanks nickyk......above look really interesting, roughly what would the taxi time & cost from airport to both cala d'or and palma nova work out at.....

cheers

Hello Wonderfish, Been to Majorca a few years back with our then 11 year old and stayed in Palma nova, We found it to be very family friendly and if going there look up the Nova apartments, This ticks all your boxes, That said we have spent the last few years going to Torremolinos which turned out to be the opposite of what I expected, First of all it is only a 2 and half hour flight to Malaga, The train station is directly across from the airport and the train takes 20 minutes to go to Torremolinos, I would highly recommend the don hotel complex as it has everything a couple with a young child could ask for, there are three hotels in the complex and nine swimming pools , Two saunas , Beautiful gardens for a stroll and a kiddies club , They also have aqua aerobics every morning in one of the pools , Dance lessons , Darts, Pistol shooting . Something going on every day to keep you entertained , It might not sound like it but it has a very laid back atmosphere, The beach is just outside the secured gates which is a 1 minute walk , Also you can walk the paseo with your buggy which is a beautiful walk along the coast and stop off for lunch in one of the many tapas bars.

thanks for the info, going to stick with either majorca or algarve, my head will be wrecked if i look into another option :D

will defo look into the nova apts

cheers

Hi Wonderfish,

I think 20-25 mins to Palma Nova and around 50-60 mins to Cala D'or. I used this http://www.majorca-airport-transfers.com/ company this for taxi this year. Both of the above are all inclusive. Also friends have recommended Nova Apts.

I got married in Benalmadena last year and stayed here [broken link removed]

All the Ward apartments are great and Benalmadena is a short flight and 15 mins from Airport.
Hope this helps!
Nicky

We have been to the sister island minorca. It is an absolute recommendation since the island is very beautiful and the people are very friendly towards families and kids. Makes dining out in a restaurant much more pleasant.

Hi eltorro,

Is there any particular place on Minorca that you would recommend?

Thanks for all the recommendations...

Have booked Puerto Pollensa in Majorca, ticks all the boxes so cant wait now :D

Back