Aldi visa debit card transaction Problem

pudds

I've noticed recently that sometimes a card transaction made in my local aldi is not appearing
on my bank account. The amount is not showing at all and no money has been taken from
my account.

Normally an aldi card transaction will appear almost instantly on my account so I've been
tracking the last no show purchase which was made on the 8th July and I have the receipt,
thats 8 working days now and not a sign.

I see there is two kinds of receipt docket, a long one and a short one, I have the short one
which gives vat breakdown and Total amount due and thats about it.

The longer version gives your card number and merchant etc and says ' your account will be debited with the total amount show.

Could it be that the shorter version is not valid for some reason or any other opinions on the
possible cause of this happening.

I think there is probably a delay with these transactions appearing on your account, it happened me before with a number of transactions over a six week period in a particular shop, they eventually all appeared at the same time.

When was the first no show purchase? Have the purchases been contactless or chip + pin?

The first no show was about 10-14 days before the last one on the 8th. I only have chip n pin
so should be little or no delay in showing up.

I don't think it's possible that these purchases won't appear on your account, but you never know I suppose. Have you checked if the available funds on the account are the same as the current balance or can you account for any difference with other purchases/withdrawals?

My balances are correct, I owe the money, best take it up with aldi I suppose, my bank would know
nothing about the transaction.

Back