Aldi Scheppach table saw

DannyBoyD

Any woodworkers here?

This is on sale today for €99 is it any good?

I'm a weekend woodworker / hobbyist & have been toying with getting a table saw - would this be ok for entry level?

I don't see it listed on their site at the moment. Scheppach are a decent enough brand, but at that price range, you're not going to get high quality.

If you just need to rip soft wood fairly roughly, it might do a job for you, but don't expect much from the fence, mitre gauge, or the blade. If you go for it, I'd recommend replacing the blade straight away for a cleaner cut, and keep the original for rougher cuts or recycled timber where there's a risk of hidden nails.

If it's something you intend to use regularly, save your money and buy something better.

Thanks Leo - I decided to pass on it in the end. Fancy the DeWalt, but its pricey.
Speaking as a trades man my first table saw was a scheppac and it cost way more than that and I was so glad to get rid of it
My advice is wheather your a weekend hobbyist or tradesperson buy the best you can afford and even a little more as it will last you years

Back