Airtricity now in business with private home owners

H

HB1

I called Airtricity today investigating how to change my electricity supplier.No problem,they will send out the forms,it might take a week to change to them.
Costs per kwh are the same as with the ESB.In all other countries it is usually more expensive to go "green".That shows how we are rippped off by the ESB.The market has liberalised but prices went even up,an unique situation in the "developed" world.

Why is is that Airtricity are also charging a PSO similar to the ESB? Surely a private company wouldn't be obligated by a PSO?

When you read the details of the PSO, then this makes even less sense in the case of Airtricity....

"Electricity Regulation Act 1999 (Public Service Obligations) Order 2002, together with relevant documents.(S.I. No 217 of 2002).

This S.I. was signed by the Minister on 23 May 2002. The Electricity Regulation Act 1999 (Public Service Obligations) Order 2002 (PSO Order) provides for the imposition on ESB of public service obligations which will require ESB to purchase, up until 31 December 2019, the output of certain peat and renewable, sustainable or alternative electricity generating stations, in the interests of security of supply and environmental protection respectively."

ninsaga said:
If the costs are the same as ESB then what is the advantage in changing?

The fact that they're supplying renewable energy I presume. Doing your bit for the environment and all that.

To ninsaga:
What sense does competition make to you?
If we go for the greener energy for the same price as the conventional "killers"-climate change costs life already-than surely they want to lure us with the money bait ?!
When Tesco lowered their prices why was that?Competition is up to the consumers!

To me competition means that you can get better value & cheaper prices eg as with the telco's. What good would it be if ESATBT offered the same as Eircom?
ninsaga

They would have to share the market.That in it self causes competition.

So why would anyone move to a compeditor if the current service is OK & there is no cost saving?

What do you mean by "okay"?That the ESB is slowly but surely destroying our livelyhood?CO2 is a dangerous substance,the less the better.And if you think commercially than you should consider that the ESB bill is not including the real costs.You have to pay for what is sold cheaply.As far as I understood the numbers ESB electricity releases around 600 gramms of CO2/kwh compared to 300 gramms with airtricity.The less the better.
Shoes that are sold cheaply but leave you with blisters are not realy cheap.
The ESB-financed with taxpayers money-is still a safe harbour for idlers who get the job for political reasons.The ESB have payed staff in Brussels whose job it is to water down any change in climate politic.Is that in your interest?
Only a few hours after the EU comissioners revealed their report on competition in the energy sector(last week) the ESB anounced that they are not going on to develope alternative energies like wind energy . Before that they successfully stopped any further developement of alternative energy with the argument that there is not enough capacitys gridwise-after they occupied- like golddiggers in old california- the capacitys of the grid for their windmills.They supressed future developements by hindering others from doing the right thing.How do you explain that to your children?!
You are doing bussiness with the Mafia without reason.A junky can be forgiven staying with his dealer ,but those who are clean have no need to do so.

Back