Airfare to Tokyo

thundercat

Planning on going to Tokyo in April and the best fare I am getting for my dates is €850. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if that is an ok price or should I hold out. Thanks a million!

It's a while since I've flown there, so I'm not sure. comparing it to LA (Tokyo's generally more expensive), it seems okay. you might get a bit cheaper, but not a whole lot.

However, if you fly during golden week (pretty much all of Japan is on holidays for the same week) then flights are more expensive. Just moving flights by 1-2 days can make a massive difference. It's late April, early May. So half of Japan will be trying to leave the country in Late April.

Thanks a million dem_syhp, I think I'll go ahead and book, I just wanted to make sure it was a normal enough fare and that I wouldn't lose out by booking now! Really looking forward to it!

Have you tried the sort of fare search aggregator sites mentioned in the key posts for comparison purposes?

Yes I have, I think thats the best fare alright but just wanted to make sure it's not just the best fare at the moment and they won't change in a few months. I used that ITA software site and found a much better fare but it's not possible to book directly with them and the fare is not the same on the airlines websites for the same dates and times, I'm not sure if that's the norm with that site or not. Anyway for anyone wondering gohop.ie seemed to have the best fare being a little bit cheaper than the airline themselves.

Back