AIB AIB - where does it say "You will be on a tracker on expiry of the fixed rate"?

David_Dublin

Anyone know where I might find the actual text saying that when my fixed rate mortgage expired I am entitled to tracker? I don't see it in any of the documents that AIB sent me as part of my access request. Thanks.

The people affected by this have the following clause in their letters of offer:

3.2 Further Fixed Interest Rate Options/Choice

At the end of any fixed interest rate period, the customer may choose between:

a) a further fixed interest rate period, or

b) conversion to a variable interest rate Mortgage Loan, or

c) conversion to a tracker interest rate Mortgage Loan, at the Bank’s then prevailing rates appropriate to the Mortgage Loan

If you don't have this , then you are not in this cohort.

If you don't have this and you received the €1,650, then it looks like their mistake and you were not entitled to it.

Brendan

Thanks for posting this reply Brendan. I've been through my letter of offer and I don't have any such clauses. The letter offer is basically 2 pages, summary of the mortgage, then Part 1 which has a table with 2 lines with the 3 years fixed and 32 years variable, then Part 2 with special conditions. There are no clauses as such, no section 3 let alone section 3.2

I don't suppose additional information would have been sent to solicitor? I find it hard to believe that it was easier/cheaper for AIB to send a check for €1600 rather than bother to check the loan offers to ensure they were "entitled" to the money.

Hi David

It was in Part 4 which would have been attached to your letter. I have attached a copy of it to this post.

Brendan

Attachments

• Mortgage offer with clause 3.2 anonymised.pdf
    365.4 KB · Views: 736
Hi Brendan,
Thanks for posting that, I really appreciate it. I will see if the solicitor might have a copy of the loan offer, and if it includes a Part 4. you parts 1 and 2 are identical to mine so I am hopeful!
Regards,
David

Back