We have to wait for the FSO decision before anything happens. Hold tough for a small while and once the decision is final (and hopefully if AIB bite the bullet and do not drag this out) then I would assume they will be in touch with each affected party
AIB has until today to make submissions on the preliminary decision.
If they avail of that, we will be given the opportunity to comment on their submission.
Then the Ombudsman will issue a final, legally binding decision.
So that might take one month in total - say 6th March
Then AIB will have 35 days to go to the High Court.
If they don't do that, then the Ombudsman will be free to publish the decision - say 11th April.
Sorry @Brendan. Just so I understand you correctly, if AIB don't make a submission by close of business today, does that mean the preliminary decision becomes final and legally binding after today? Meaning the 35 day countdown starts from tomorrow?
(As an aside, I'm assuming if AIB fail to make a submission to the ombudsman by today, then it may be a strong indicator that they also don't plan on going to the high court. As in....surely it would make more sense to appeal back to the ombudsman in the first instance)