AIB Visa

firsttimebuy

I am worried about late payments on my AIB Visa Card. I have been late on a number of payments over the last year but friends told me not to worry as credit cards don’t show up on the ICB report. Now I see that some cards such as MBNA do and I am worried that AIB would report the late payments. Does anybody know if AIB Credit Cards show up on ICB? I am worried that this could affect a future mortgage application.

firsttimebuy said:
I am worried about late payments on my AIB Visa Card. I have been late on a number of payments over the last year but friends told me not to worry as credit cards don’t show up on the ICB report. Now I see that some cards such as MBNA do and I am worried that AIB would report the late payments. Does anybody know if AIB Credit Cards show up on ICB? I am worried that this could affect a future mortgage application.

AIB don't show the credit card payments unless its revoked... MBNA show everything....

best to always make your minimum payments , or they will revoke your card...

firsttimebuy said:

This is what the credit bureau has to say about cc's

Credit cards and credit history

From July 2004, credit card companies have the option of supplying more information on credit card repayments to the ICB. In the past, information was mainly supplied by the lenders only where credit cards were revoked or cancelled. Now lenders have the option of supplying full information regarding opening and closing balances to the ICB. Your card repayment performance will be measured by the ICB on a monthly basis but due to the nature of credit cards, you will also receive an additional 30 days before negative information about your record is recorded.

Why not do a standing order to pay off the minimum amount each month? This will ensure you wont get a bad payment record. However you would probably end up paying more in interest unless you also paid a substantial portion of the debt each month.

Back