AIB Visa Debit card and Toll Bridges

briste

Does anyone know if or when AIB Visa Debit cards will be accepted to pay for Toll charges?

They currently take standard Visa credit cards - it is a very speedy way to get through the toll bridge as the charge is instant.

Insert card, remove card, drive away. There's no Pin and (generally) no online authorisation.

I thought it was a sensible question from Briste. The new near field Visa debit does work in some places and this seems like the ideal application for such a technology. They have the reg of the car as a backup if you complain that you were not there!

Sorry, I should have pointed out that the AIB Debit card doesn't work.

Insert AIB Visa Debit card, get a message saying 'Card not accepted', remove card, Insert Visa AIB Credit card, remove card, drive away.

My question is, does anyone know when it will work?

Guns N Roses - using a credit card on the unmanned booths is very quick, much quicker than the operator booths (even if there is no queue). It also puts an end to the rows between me and the wife over her difficulties making change under pressure.

More efficient way would be to get an easy pass and link payment to the debit card.

No need to even open a window!!!

bazermac, due to the extra costs, I think the easy pass solutions only makes economic sense for frequent users of the toll bridge.

Back