AIB tracker redress

You must not let your anger consume you. It can also blind you to the truth. It's also true to say many people bought homes that were way too expensive and that left them in a very precarious position with repayments if anything at all happened such as a loss of a job, a reduction in pay, a new child, an interest rate increase.
Compensation payment received today. Being rightfully angry didnt blind me to the truth Bronte :)

they are preparing redress offer. this was confirmed this morning
It will be interesting to see how long it takes AIB to prepare the redress offer. I was identified by Bank of Ireland as being an affected customer last December. It's almost May now and still no sign of Bank of Ireland paying me a cent in redress. It is maddening that there doesn't seem to be any pressure on these banks to repay (in my case) 9 years of overcharge. A clear time scale for the redress process should be set out by the central bank.

Hi PFS7979, I was wondering if you are happy with the compensation amount you received as you did not say if you were.

Lowealot,

I'm puzzled how they came up with the particular amount. The communication and articulation as to how AIB came up with the sum in question leaves a lot to be desired given complexities of my case. Falls short ( in my opinion) of equitable settlement but this requires independent review through appeals process.

Thank you for the reply sorry to hear that it does not compensate you fully I assume therefore it is not at PTSB levels? I would suggest you seek a data request before you submit the appeal in case there is something in your paperwork which would strengthen your appeal. Best of luck with it.

Papers stated that it was 25K for buy to let and €50K for PPR but I am sure that was in cases where loss of home was proven due to tracker error only.

Back