AIB to pay 15% of refund as compensation

You are assuming that AIB does not want to enter earnest discussions, before you have even seen the redress programme.

Wait until you see it. Wait until you see the composition of the Independent Appeals Panels. But, I will say again, even if you don't like the composition of the Appeals Panels, you have nothing to lose by appealing to them first.

Brendan

"AIB to offer 15% of refund as compensation" is the title of the thread, not adequate in my opinion, but that is only my opinion. You are right with regard to seeing just what the redress programme has to offer affected mortgagors.

"AIB to offer 15% of refund as compensation" is the title of the thread,

Hi Toledo

That is not the title of the thread. Nor is it what AIB is doing.

AIB is going to pay 15% of the refund to everyone as compensation. That is going to be paid whether or not a person feels that they have suffered any loss.

Then those affected will be free to seek more.

Brendan

Last edited:
Sorry Brendan, the thread is "AIB to pay 15% of refund as compensation " yippee, all affected, count your blessings !

Article says customers in the first round of redress are expected to be those who fixed mortgage rates temporarily after march 2006

Latest update. Another letter from AIB yesterday basically apologizing for delay and saying that during December and January they will be in a position to provide customers with details of repayments, compensation, financial summary, details of appeal process, explanation of failure etc etc. Better cancel that Christmas I'd planned :(

Latest update. Another letter from AIB yesterday basically apologizing for delay and saying that during December and January they will be in a position to provide customers with details of repayments, compensation, financial summary, details of appeal process, explanation of failure etc etc. Better cancel that Christmas I'd planned :(
I got the same one. I was convinced I would have the money by the end of this month, hopefully the next letter will have a cheque inside it!!!

I note that my mortgage repayment has been reduced again for November - about €30 less - this would seem to be taking account of the fact that AIB are retaining about €6k of the overpayment and paying it off the capital.

Back