AIB slow to action mortgage lump sum payment

kiabi1

I regularly make lump sum overpayments into my mortgage via the AIB "lump sum payment to mortgage account form".

I have noticed that regularly AIB are very slow to action such a request.

Anyone else having a similar issue with AIB.

Thanks.
Kiabi1

I regularly make lump sum overpayments into my mortgage via the AIB "lump sum payment to mortgage account form".

I have noticed that regularly AIB are very slow to action such a request.

Anyone else having a similar issue with AIB.
If you're on a fixed rate you should check your break fee before making an overpayment.

You can make overpayments electronically and it is fast. See this thread:

If you are on a variable rate, there is no break fee to worry about, but you should ask yourself why you are on a variable rate when fixed rates are so much lower.

To close this thread out. Yes I am on a variable.

Issue was resolved after 9 working days had passed, two phone calls to AIB and 40mins of holding before they managed to track down my overpayment form. The call ended with “oh we found the form sorry”. That’s several days of paying extra interest on a loan that are in the banks best interest and not mine. Flagging this behaviour in the event that others find the same. Such behaviour should not be tolerated.

Issue was resolved after 9 working days had passed, two phone calls to AIB and 40mins of holding before they managed to track down my overpayment form. The call ended with “oh we found the form sorry”. That’s several days of paying extra interest on a loan that are in the banks best interest and not mine. Flagging this behaviour in the event that others find the same. Such behaviour should not be tolerated.
That's dreadful. You should make a complaint about the extra interest you had to pay – if you have the patience for their systems again.

What is your mortgage balance, your estimated property value and your Building Energy Rating (BER)?

Can you check your balance and transactions online? Did they back date the payment?

I would complain if I was you. They credited around 200e to our mortgage account to account for delays and also gave us 50e into our current account. Definitely worth the effort of formally complaining.

Back