AIB reduce LTV on 1 bed apartments to 75%

NorfBank

Previously buyers just needed an 8% deposit to buy a one bed apartment with AIB, they now need a 25% deposit.

AIB now also require parents who wish to guarantee their children's borrowings to join them on the mortgage as a co applicant. Co applicants are joint and severally liable for the whole debt (not just the part they wish to guarantee)

One bedroomed apts are considered the worst buy from the point of view of capital appreciation
(or ,rather, they have suffered the biggest depreciation).

..but they are the best buy for a return on capital presently ca. 8% after costs. This compared well with under 4% from the banks which will probably be the best pre-tax return next year.

Great. That'll make it even more difficult to find a buyer for my wonderful 1-bed apartment, when the time comes to sell up [next year or 2].

One bedroomed apts are considered the worst buy from the point of view of capital appreciation

..but they are the best buy for a return on capital presently ca. 8% after costs. This compared well with under 4% from the banks which will probably be the best pre-tax return next year.

A junk bond that pays a high coupon is still a junk bond.

I would not like to own a 1 bed apartment.

When you say return on capital, do you mean rental incomes?

I know this is a bit expired so please if anyone else knew the meaning, let me know. Thanks.

Back