AIB Overcharging - how to get money back

N

Newton

I think I might be one of the people overcharged for foreign exhange.All the transactions were done via electronic transfer so AIB themselves would have a record of this.How do I go about getting my money back if I have been overcharged?Or will it take some time before the matter gets sorted out?

Can't give you any answers but would like to know more - by electronic transfers do you mean "Electronic Funds Transfer" to another country? Also were all such transfers overcharged? If so over what timeframe? Are things fixed up now?

Thanks
Monquest

Heard someone talking on the Joe Duffy Show on Monday. He is an ex bank official. Don't know who he was. He was talking about how the consumers were being ripped off by the banks in general. He made a statement if someone was overcharged £100 eight years ago and applying bank rates in the intervening period. That £100 is now worth €305.

By the way he gave out a website address. Anyone know what it is?

The company I work for operates a US$ account mostly for inward US$ payments and initial inquiries with AIB indicate that such accounts were not affected by the alleged overcharging. The company also operates a GBP£ account mostly for outward GBP£ payments and we're not yet sure about this. None of the media coverage that I've read seems to go into detail about precisely which types of accounts and customers are likely to have been affected. The company is continuing to pursue the issue with AIB just in case...

Back