AIB Online Share Dealing

From the AIB website:

Commission Rates

* Trades up to EUR 25,000 charged at 1.25%
* Balance exceeding EUR 25,000 charged at 0.50%
* Minimum Trade Cost EUR 32.00

Standard Additional Charges

Stamp duty is chargeable on the purchase of Irish and UK shares.
The rates are:

* Irish Shares : 1.0%
* UK Shares : 0.5%

US Charges

A charge of EUR19.05 is included on all US purchases and sales. This charge is to cover the cost of holding and transaction fees passed onto Goodbody Stockbrokers by our Custodian Agents in the US.

US transactions may also attract other minimal US Stock Exchange and Broker charges."

Ancillary Charges

* EUR 26.00 annual account maintenance charge.
* EUR 13.00 fee to transfer shares out (charge per line of stock). Minimum EUR 40.00. There is no charge for transferring stocks in.
* Other third party charges may apply.

What are "transfer shares out" charges?

I believe this is when they charge you to move your own shares to another stockbroker with lower charges.

My advice. Start off with the cheaper stockbroker, one which isnt afraid to lose you due to their being expensive. Vote with your feet .
From the information above they appear a few times more expensive up to EUR 25,000 than a deal I had with sharewatch recently.

I am presently paying 1% on trades up to £5k and .35% above that. A flat fee of £40 for each sale with no other costs. I also receive share certificates at no cost.
Thinking of moving to Sharewatch/Direct Share deal. I would be interested in recommendations or otherwise.

Back