AIB Hike Current Account Fees (From August 2013)

AIB have hiked current account fees for their customers. This follows BoI's increase.

The fee changes will be announced tomorrow.

http://businessetc.thejournal.ie/aib-new-bank-charges-965086-Jun2013/

The cost of an ATM withdrawal, or an automated cheque and cash lodgement, will go from 20c to 35c.

The fee charged for staff-assisted transactions goes from 30c to 39c.
There’ll be a 39c charge for an incoming credit transfer - again, increased from 30c.

Customers will be charged 20c to process each each paper-based non-cash lodgement, such as a cheque or bank draft.

Customers will be charged €3 to send a domestic bank draft, up from €1.90, and €7 to send a draft in a foreign currency – a 37 per cent increase from the current rate of €4.44.

The €2.54-per-page charge for a duplicate bank statement will also rise, to €3 per page.

In addition, from September 14 customers will be charged €4.50 to set up a manual standing order, and €2.50 to amend or cancel that order.

You can still avoid the fees.
(1) Teen accounts still have no fees.
(2) Student accounts still have no fees.
(3) Graduate accounts still have no fees.
(4) 60+ accounts still have no fees.
(5) Maintaining a minimum daily credit statement balance of €2,500 each and every day for each fee quarter. NB: There is an opportunity cost to this.
(6) Switch to PTSB who have free banking if you deposit at least 1,500 EUR per month.

Anyone who stays with AIB, BoI or Ulster deserve to be robbed. There's no good excuse not to move to PTSB and to tell these robbers where to go.

I have an AIB graduate account - how long will they leave me with that I wonder?

Anyone who stays with AIB, BoI or Ulster deserve to be robbed. There's no good excuse not to move to PTSB and to tell these robbers where to go.

They will grumble and moan,complain of being ripped off and having nowt in their phocas but coppers a week after being paid,will they move?

Nope and you're 100% correct they deserve to be robbed.

I'm with Danske Bank and have been keeping an eye on things before moving - I'd convert my current account with them to a feeder account for my tracker and avoid their fees.

I'd initially been interested in Ulster Bank but knew that their fees were being introduced. I don't put 1,500 through the account monthly so PTSB is a no-go. I was eyeing up BOI's pay-as-you-go option with no quarterly fee but that's being done away with (I do very little transactions).

I think that, now, I'm going to stick with Danske Bank until KBC introduces their account, wait to see the other banks responses and then transfer to the best buy for my own situation at the end of the year.

My last quarter fees were about €36 so think ill have to change.
Can i move my current account to PTSB and keep my credit card with AIB? I have a bit of a balance on my credit card (€1900) i am trying to clear.

My last quarter fees were about €36 so think ill have to change.
Can i move my current account to PTSB and keep my credit card with AIB? I have a bit of a balance on my credit card (€1900) i am trying to clear.

- No problem - your credit card account has nothing to do with your current account and vice versa.

- No problem - your credit card account has nothing to do with your current account and vice versa.
..and you'll even be able to keep your AIB online banking just for your AIB cc (you'll have to re-register, but it's no problem-have done it myself when I closed my AIB current accounts and kept the cc)

Back