AIB cuts all rates by 0.25% - SVR now 3.65%

E.B.S rates are slightly higher, not lower than A.I.B

No, their discontinued SVR is 5bps higher alright but their LTV rates are 5bps lower across the board.

I can't think of any other reason for a new borrower to choose AIB over EBS, so why the rate differential?

Has any existing customer of EBS on a SVR been able to change to their LTV rates? I am on the SVR and would benefit if I was able to change.

Thanks

Has any existing customer of EBS on a SVR been able to change to their LTV rates? I am on the SVR and would benefit if I was able to change.
Thanks

I rang them asking to move to a lower LTV rate but was told that it was not possible. I responded by telling them that AIB customers are allowed. Their response was that EBS is run as a separate entity.

Hi,

On the last couple of occasions AIB have dropped their SVR they have also dropped their fixed rates along with it. On this occasion i have heard nothing about any of their Fixed rates dropping. Can anyone confirm if they have heard of the fixed rates dropping between now and October 1st?

The reason i ask is because i get the feeling that this could be the last drop in SVR from AIB for quite a while so the 1 year fixed rate looks tempting right now but i dont want to make the mistake of taking it and then find out they are due to drop the fixed again over the next 2-3 months. Any advice is welcome on this.
Thanks

Do you need to fix because you are under pressure with the repayments?
Or are you trying to second guess rates over the next few years and save money by choosing fixed?
If it's the latter then it's probably not a good idea as, in general, variable rates will most likely be cheaper than fixed over the medium/long term.

The second option you mention. I just get the feeling that this is as low as AIB are gonna go for the forseeable future and if i went with the 1 year fixed i would save a further 0.15% over the next 12 months, and every little helps these days. The main thing im worried about right now is, for example, that i fix tomorrow at 3.50% for 1 year and then in late September AIB announce they are dropping their fixed rates again to reflect the new SVR rate.

Do you need to fix because you are under pressure with the repayments?
Or are you trying to second guess rates over the next few years and save money by choosing fixed?
If it's the latter then it's probably not a good idea as, in general, variable rates will most likely be cheaper than fixed over the medium/long term.

Back