AIB credit card direct debit question

Penguinforce

Hi,

I have been using my credit card for a few years now with direct debit setup.

On 17th of January I got a CC statement of €2041, minimum due on the 10th of Feb which was fine.

On 22nd of January, a few days after I got the statememt. I needed to buy plane tickets for a few people which cost €2900. Since I didn't want my CC balance to be too high I decided to manually pay the bill off straight away. Everything went through fine.

I noticed today that my bill that was due on the 10th of February for €2041 was never direct debited.

Is this because on 22nd of January I paid off €2900 which satisfy the minimum payment. So the system just flag it as I've made the minimum amount on the current unpaid statement at the time?

There's no interest on the statement for March or anything so it doesn't look like any payment was late.

I've always rely on direct debit so I don't miss any CC bill, so I never really paid it manually outside the DD dates.

Yes, because you manually paid the bill they didn’t direct debit you. That’s normal and you won’t be charged for late payment as you paid early.

Only thing to be aware of in future is if you manually pay close to your direct debit date, the direct debit may also go through which might leave you stuck.

Back