AIB AIB - chose a fixed rate although cheap trackers were available.

Redman

Got a letter a bit different to the usual 28 day generic letter yesterday saying that the investigation into our account is still progressing and be another few months before the can issue a final response letter.
Then today we get the 1600 letter.
We drew down in sept 2008 when there was a prevailing rate.
AIB deciding to withdraw trackers less than 2 weeks later for new business is not our fault.
We have a range of issues to get AIB to answer
1.When we drew down 1.5% was the prevailing rate(3.67%) is alien to us.
2.we have the document they presented us with when they where selling us their product that has2 fixed options,a variable rate and a tracker rate @ 5.75%(ecb 4.25 +1.5%)was too high at the time so fixed for 2 years knowing our options when they were selling us a product. were reflected in clause 3.2 of our contract.
3.why were we not informed that trackers were being pulled.
4.That document was a huge part of their marketing to us and the tracker option was a big part in us buying their product because it was they only option that AIB was not in full control of.
5.We will be putting it to AIB that they must have known that trackers were being pulled from the market(we drew down 30th sept 08 and AIB statement 10th oct 08 informing of the trackers being discontinued.
6.We will also be putting it to them that because of this move and the timing of our drawdown and trackers being removed we feel we were lured into this mortgage with AIB knowing full well they had us fully under their control
7.We would not have bought a mortgage from AIB if we knew trackers were being removed from our options,we would have gone elsewhere simple as that !!

We drew down in sept 2008 when there was a prevailing rate.

I have moved this from another thread. If my title is misleading , let me know and I will amend it.

1)On what date did you take out your actual mortgage?
2) Was it on a fixed rate?
3) When did the fixed rate end?

Brendan

That is now clear.

You are exactly the same as everyone else.

You took out a mortgage and chose a fixed rate although you could have chosen a tracker.

When the fixed rate ended, you were not offered a tracker.

Now they are offering you a tracker at the 3.65% rate.

I have edited the title accordingly.

Brendan

Cheap trackers were not available at the time,otherwise we would have chosen the cheaper rate,we were offered a set of rates to choose from when they were selling us a mortgage that were reflected in clause 3.2,Now what AIB chose to do after we had agreed a contract should have no bearing on us

Redman

Back