AIB Cash Back with Visa

trojan

Heard on radio about some new product which gives you cash back when using a visa card at some stores. Any snags?

I have the KBC equivalent. Think it's 1% back on online purchases and grocery shopping. Foreign exchange rates are horrible so I don't use it for non-euro purchases. Otherwise it's excellent.

Here is the information

https://aib.ie/ways-to-bank/aib-everyday-rewards

Here's how it works:

1. Register for AIB Everyday Rewards with your AIB Visa card(s)

2. You will receive relevant cashback offers based on where you spend using your registered card(s)

3. To redeem an offer, simply make a purchase that meets the terms of the offer

4. Your AIB Visa Card will then automatically be credited with cashback, typically within five business days

How do I view the offers that are available to me?
You can find out about offers in two different ways:

1. Sign in to the AIB Everyday Rewards website and visit the ‘My Offers’ page

2. You can sign up to a weekly email with details of the two top offers available to you.

From the Irish Times

"This includes the German discounter [broken link removed], which has kicked off its participation in the scheme by offering €10 cashback when customers spend a minimum €35 in store using an AIB Visa debit or credit card. The offer lasts until May 24th.

The list of participating retailers includes Boots, [broken link removed], [broken link removed], H&M, [broken link removed], [broken link removed] Pizza, Enterprise Rent a Car, and Butlers Chocolate Cafe. The scheme begins on Thursday."

So it's not a question of getting back 1% of your spending. It's a question of getting time limited offers every week or so.

Brendan

The Visa rewards system is already up and running with PTSB.

As Brendan says, it is limited offers to a limited new of retail partners that vary from week to week. Also, you normally need to opt-in to the offer before the purchase in order to get the cashback.

I have this on my PTSB account. In the last few weeks I got €5 off petrol at Topaz and €5 off my weekly shop in Lidl. I had to sign up to Go Rewards a while ago and now get a few offers each week.

I have the PTSB version of this. I have got €5 off Lidl, €5 from Topaz and 15% off in Elvery's. I found it pretty good up till now but there seems to be less decent offers at the moment. Once you sign up for "Go Rewards" as its called you dont need to do anything else. If you spend enough in the right shops during the offer period they automatically credit your card with the cash-back

Back