AIB Authenticator App (Business) Issues

NY_Resident

Anybody else having any issues with getting this set up? I keep getting an error that I need to log out and log back in using a personal/sole trader account........which doesn't work either.......and then when I call the helpline, I get to wait 2+ hours (including a hand-off to another department) without even getting through to the technical department who can help resolve???

My issue is that I successfully downloaded the app it when it comes to inputting the business card details, an error message comes up and I’m advised to contact AIB. Tried twice this week but was on hold for ages so gave up.

It's a nightmare alright. I can't download the authenticator app because I have an iphone6. I have wasted 6 hours today between a visit to the local branch and on hold / getting nowhere on the phone to their technical dept. The upshot now is I cannot now even do any internet banking on the macbook using the card reader. Crazy.

My issue is that I successfully downloaded the app it when it comes to inputting the business card details, an error message comes up and I’m advised to contact AIB. Tried twice this week but was on hold for ages so gave up.
Same here. I don’t use the card much so can’t really be bothered with it. It will sort itself out.

Pain for those who rely on it.

@Johnno75 I had that exact error about a week ago.....ignored it, and then when i tried this week, I got a different error which is the one I've described above. I just going to hunker down for now as if it's that chaotic more broadly, AIB will have to delay implementation. For a major institution to have such a pathetic helpline (which closes at 5pm "due to COVID"), says a lot re how they value customers (business).

@Johnno75 I had that exact error about a week ago.....ignored it, and then when i tried this week, I got a different error which is the one I've described above. I just going to hunker down for now as if it's that chaotic more broadly, AIB will have to delay implementation. For a major institution to have such a pathetic helpline (which closes at 5pm "due to COVID"), says a lot re how they value customers (business).
I know. It’s not great that they put a deadline on customers to activate an app, then don’t have the helpline adequately staffed.

Was on hold for 1h30m waiting to talk to an agent. I tried registering with my business banking ID but it failed to add cards, saying I needed to contact support.

Told by Support that I can't register my business cards to my business banking ID. I should log into the Authenticator app with my personal banking ID and that the "system would copy the business details across". What genius came up with that?

Also, the app is listed in the Android app drawer as "Authenticator". These dev teams seem to think they're one of five applications installed on people's phones. AIB, Vodafone, VHI and others all guilty in the past of calling their apps names like My Vodafone, My VHI and other sh1te. I don't want to have to remember that you called your application some random kooky name. Just list it under your business name ffs.

Easy to register and install. However, the "push" notifications are not working for me. Tried to pay €4,000 yesterday on a website but the "push" notification just disappeared into the ether on 4 attempts. The notification never showed up on my app. Gave up and paid by bank transfer. AIB are going to lose millions in business unless they fix it soon.

That' another hour of my life lost trying to get registration on the app working. There are detailed instructions for Business users who don't have a personal account here https://aib.ie/content/dam/frontdoo...pp-user-guide-for-business-card-customers.pdf

But it still has an error on trying to add the card and tells me to phone a call centre. I'm then led a merry dance through options and messages, told all the operators are busy and ultimately told that due to government Covid guidelines they are only open Monday to Friday 9 to 5. Which annoyingly is when I'm trying to run my business, rather than manage AIB incompetence. Grrrr.

That' another hour of my life lost trying to get registration on the app working. There are detailed instructions for Business users who don't have a personal account here https://aib.ie/content/dam/frontdoo...pp-user-guide-for-business-card-customers.pdf

But it still has an error on trying to add the card and tells me to phone a call centre. I'm then led a merry dance through options and messages, told all the operators are busy and ultimately told that due to government Covid guidelines they are only open Monday to Friday 9 to 5. Which annoyingly is when I'm trying to run my business, rather than manage AIB incompetence. Grrrr.
Exactly the same for me.

I’ve tried to get through to them four times on the provided phone number over the last four weeks and failed to get through each time. I don’t have the time required to wait for the agents to answer (over 30 minutes each time).

A business transaction would not go through for me last week as I wasn’t set up on the App. It’s a minor scandal (a la Eir) that AIB require you to load the App, and then don’t put in place the appropriate technology or resources to allow customers to do it in a straightforward and efficient manner.

Clap clap AIB. You continue to outdo yourselves.

It’s an absolute disgrace. I waited over an hour on the customer service line to get an operator, only then to be transferred to a more technical resource. After another 45 minutes on hold (ie., 1 hour 45 minutes in total), I had to hang up. Yes, I do actually have a business to run. As I write now, also watching TV, I had to stomach one of their TV ads about “we back brave”. Hmmmmmm!

And for any business to be using COVID as the reason why their business customer service closes at 5pm……if there was any real competition, they wouldn’t get away with this level of uselessness. Completely out of touch with the needs of the customer.

Back