AIB - are they for real?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are really just people who provide public services.

Well done on quoting the old so called front line and "compassionate" aspects (the union trick) whilst conveniently ignoring where the real problems lie - the monstrous admin overstaffing in the HSE & county council for starters.

Just curious as to whether you've ever informed a public servant face to face that they are 'sucking money from everyone'?
Pretty much yeah - to those that I know for a fact to be wasters, why wouldn't I? Take pride in it actually.

Strange question anyway - why do you ask?

Pretty much yeah - to those that I know for a fact to be wasters, why wouldn't I? Take pride in it actually.

Can I take it you don't work in the same section of the PS as Complainer, where everything runs at 110% efficiency?

The IBOA showed their true colours this morning. They only want the senior management and execs who will share in this bonus to defer the payments until the Bank can afford to pay!!! AIB is practically a state company and will remain this way long after many of those involved are dead I would imagine - so he wants the taxpayer to look after them. Larry Broderick, who confirmed that the individuals involved are not members said this on Morning Ireland this morning.

His own members that (rightfully) have not received anything on salary for the best part of two years can go swing; but those he does not represent should have their cake and eat it. It says it all really. Anyone who attended any union march against now know what IBOA and ICTU really think of them!!

If I was a member I'd withdraw my membership immediately. Larry signifies all that is wrong with unions and their leadership in this country.

Isn't it funny how we repeatedly get lectures here on AAM about how private sector staff pay the price if their business loses money?

Actually, it's just not funny any more.

But aren't the AIB now public servants if the bank is owned by the government?

In any case bank are not the same as normal businesses, they can gamble (using their well paid for skills :eek:) and will never lose.

The IBOA showed their true colours this morning. They only want the senior management and execs who will share in this bonus to defer the payments until the Bank can afford to pay!!! AIB is practically a state company and will remain this way long after many of those involved are dead I would imagine - so he wants the taxpayer to look after them. Larry Broderick, who confirmed that the individuals involved are not members said this on Morning Ireland this morning.

His own members that (rightfully) have not received anything on salary for the best part of two years can go swing; but those he does not represent should have their cake and eat it. It says it all really. Anyone who attended any union march against now know what IBOA and ICTU really think of them!!

If I was a member I'd withdraw my membership immediately. Larry signifies all that is wrong with unions and their leadership in this country.

Mr. Broderick is undoubtedly aware that the High Court has ruled that these contentious bonuses must be paid , indeed Brian Lenihan representing the majority stockholder is most reluctantly of the same view .

Mr. Broderick , it appears to me , is simply suggesting that now is definitely not the time from both AIB's economic point of view and particularly from a public perception point of view to pay these bonuses - hence the suggestion to defer same - he could have suggested that they waive such bonuses but I think we all know what the response to that would be !

To be honest I don't have any problem with Mr. Broderick's comments.

The Public sector sucks money from everyone regardless of how well they perform and suck even more if they perform badly.

Of course when the public sector is forced to absorb the debts of supposedly private concerns, this becomes decidedly easier.

Of course when the public sector is forced to absorb the debts of supposedly private concerns, this becomes decidedly easier.

There was no 'forced', unless you mean coercion by the DoF civil servants ? That was a political choice.

And that was for the banks. The rest of the private sector don't deserve to be tarred with that brush.

Keep trolling internet hard man...

Maybe you should direct this to your comrade Complainer who started this particular tangent in post #31?

Quite common really - then 20 posts later somebody starts whinging about public sector bashing.

Everyone knew this situation would arise , why didn't the gov implement this 90 % tax 2 years ago
Is the capital markets a separate division that is profitable independent of the rest of the bank or is it responsible for any of the current debacle ?
If it is separate and making money then it is better for us that it keeps making money, they will need to hang onto key skills here , however not 2400 people don't know where that figure is coming from

Can I take it you don't work in the same section of the PS as Complainer, where everything runs at 110% efficiency?
Would you like to point any of my posts that come within an asses roar of me claiming that 'everything runs as 110% effeciency'?

Well done on quoting the old so called front line and "compassionate" aspects (the union trick) whilst conveniently ignoring where the real problems lie - the monstrous admin overstaffing in the HSE & county council for starters.

Oh not the old 'front-line good, back line bad' simplistic nonsense again. There are wasters everywhere and over-staffing everywhere - front line, back office, public sector, private sector.

PS Do you really get compassionate about environmental inspectors and building control officers? Sweet...
Nah, he's only brave enough to do it while hiding behind his computer.

I think you might have touched a nerve there, Bill.

The bank guarantee and subsequent bailouts were most certainly a public sector decision.
Do you see now what happens when the public sector interferes with free market capitalism? Those banks should have been left to default. Instead, thanks to the public sector, everyone gets to pay.

The bank guarantee and subsequent bailouts were most certainly a public sector decision.
Do you see now what happens when the public sector interferes with free market capitalism? Those banks should have been left to default. Instead, thanks to the public sector, everyone gets to pay.

Ah come on. Are you seriously blaming the public sector for this mess? They have a small part to play due to the performance of the regulator but the banking mess was created by incompetent people in the private sector. (And incompetent politicians)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back