AIB AIB accused of concocting 7.9% rate

That in itself should be a warning sign - usually one of them is wrong. :)
It's a bit unnerving alright.

It's certainly not a slam dunk by any means but I do think, on balance, that there is a very good chance that a Court wouldn't support AIB's construction of the relevant clause.

But, hey, I could well be wrong! It's probably a 50/50 case at best - I wonder will anybody be brave enough to take a case? The ramifications of losing could be disasterous.

The CB mission statement is “safeguarding stability, protecting customers”
I don’t get how they can enforce AIB to include 4000 in the redress and then say the rest is up to you lads, we got you to the table and ur getting some money to fight a case if you wish.

You either do your job properly or not at all CB, the mission statement doesn’t say protecting customers a little bit after years of looking on passively

The scale of the wrong doing is big, why should we have to spend time and resources fighting this when a body has been put in place to provide protection.

At some time in Aib, a conversation was had to say that’s it worth the risk of offering this level of compensation, maybe it’s a way to keep this groups compensation off the books for 1 more year

Maybe because AiIB unilaterally altered the contract in the first instance a Judge may be persuaded by a good senior counsel (Ronan Murphy etc) that the subsequent detriment must be borne by them.

Last edited:
Losing a High Court case and then having costs awarded against you would be financially disasterous for most people.

Access to the courts, under ECHR and TEFU springs to mind. Maybe make a complaint to the FSPO first.

Last edited:
Back