AIB AIB €1615 appeal rejected - should I go to the Ombudsman?

Adobe1

Registered User
Messages
10
Hi Brendan. Appeal was initially lodged with BDO on the 14th of July 2018 and after some back and forward with BDO and the usual guff from AIB it was officially rejected on November 22nd. It's now with the FSPO. I am debating if I should proceed with this route or wait for the high court action you are proposing.
 

Brendan Burgess

Founder
Messages
37,863
You have 6 months from November 22nd to make a decision.

That brings you up to 21st May.

It's probably better to leave it on hold until you see what progress is being made in the court case.

Brendan
 

Adobe1

Registered User
Messages
10
Thanks Brendan, I will wait a while. Is there any value to be had in making representations to the CBI on this matter (AIB €1650 customers) - in a group context? Reading Charlie Weston's piece this morning in the Indo it seems CBI agreed to meet a group of 200 BoI staff who are being denied redress by their employer (what a surprise). I'd be happy to participate. I am in the FS business myself and I really find it hard to believe the Banks are being allowed to "call" the issue at this point. The CBI are all over me on much smaller issues and they let the Banks walk away. Shame!
 

fugee1

Registered User
Messages
3
You have 6 months from November 22nd to make a decision.

That brings you up to 21st May.

It's probably better to leave it on hold until you see what progress is being made in the court case.

Brendan
Ia there a court case pending on a case of a 1615 customer?
 
Top