AH ! no childrens allowance! no early childcare supplement !

U

uniqua

Just to let other users know that if you have changed address in the last few years and have not informed the Child Benefit offices you will not have received child benefit payments at beginning of August nor will you receive the earlychildcare supplement until you have supplied in writing details of your new address and proof of same eg, household bill etc. I was unaware of this as the child allowance is lodged directly to my bank a/c, and so as none was lodged this month, I got on to the offices in Donegal and was told that it was to do with a new system for paying the earlychildcare supplement and to forward all my details. I was also told that I should hopefully get the August child allowance in Sept and they couldnt tell me when I would receive the earlychildcare supplement ! A bit of a bummer seeing as its back to school time and I also have 2 younger kids ! It also explained as to why I didnt receive any of the info letters on the ECS so check they have your pesent address !!!

In the press this week, the Child Benefit office said that if they send out a letter and it is returned to them as "not known at this address", they are cutting the benefit to avoid cases of fraud.
They recently did this for approx 500 cases, and will only reinstate it when they get the correct details.
I, like others, forgot to tell them of my new address, so was lucky that the new residents of my old house forwarded the letter and did not send it back.

Application form for CB:
You must notify Child Benefit Section in writing if any of these events occur.

• You change address
• You change post office
• You change bank or building society or An Post Childcare Account or account name
• A child aged 16, 17 or 18 finishes education or changes or leaves school or college
• Death of a child for whom benefit is being paid
• You or your child are imprisoned or admitted to a home or detention centre
• A child is no longer living with you or in your care
• A child is abandoned, deserted or removed from your custody
• You or your child leave the State
• You wish to nominate another person to receive benefit on your behalf
• You marry or remarry
• You or your spouse or partner starts work in another country
• Death of person receiving benefit
• Birth and/or Adoption or Fostering of an additional child or children

Back