AH glanmire cork

tweeney

hello....just wondering does anyone have any info as to whether there are any affordable houses in this area???

I think there are some allocated in Fernwood, they've been ready for a while, not sure what the story is with them to be honest.

If I remember correctly they are quite small, terraced and are situated down some steps that looked like a bit of a flood risk. On a positive note the box room is bigger than normal but has a slanted ceiling so headspace could be a problem, worth a look if you're local though. Back garden was pretty nice in the one we saw. Read up on it and morning traffic can be a bit of an issue in Glanmire also.

thanks everyone....saw houses reduced by quite a bit in another new development in this area only yesterday...thinking of maybe trying to apply for local authority mortgage to buy privately instead of AH

Tweeny hows it going?
Ya the council told me fernwood are coming up during the year. so keep an eye out. Im interested in these too, dont know are they apartments or houses though.
If you know anything let me know
rgds

rang county council today coz heard nothing since february...apparently their AH scheme has been suspended...person i spoke to said id be better off trying to get a mortgage from them and buy privately...she said few houses at fernwood may be put on open market in the future but was unsure of when

hi ladygaga
is it possible to get a mortgage so off the council and buy a house in fernwood from them that would be an even better idea wouldnt it. Do you know are they apartments or houses that are for sale under the affordable housing scheme?

i guess it would be possible to buy with a council mortgage once u qualify for one...i think they are 3bed townhouses not apartments...did you get much info from the council???

Back