Agritourism in Italy

kimkim

Hi,

We're thinking of going to Italy this summer for a family holiday and I would love to know if anyone has tried out an agritourism holiday? We have a 2 year old so we need somewhere that's child friendly. Was thinking of flying to Pisa and staying in the Tuscany/Umbria area.

Would love some suggestions!

Kimkim

italy mountain farmhouse holidays self catering

Has anyone been to one of these locations for a holiday? We are interested in a summer mountain holiday off the beaten track in Italy - avoiding anything package like - any recommendations?

I've done agritourism in Umbria about 2 years ago. Loved it. but there is so many to choose from i am not going to recommend anything specific.

I used this website to find places
[broken link removed]
and then just looked in tripadvisor for reviews. Everything was in tripadvisor down to the local people renting out a few rooms.

That website has loads of off the beaten track options. Umbria is definitely less touristy than Tuscany but there is can still be a lot of tourists.

We did Tuscany/Umbria trip with the children were small. We flew into Pisa and out of Bolonga as times were more suitable. We did not stay in agritourism accom although we frequently drove into various ones to eat as the food and welcome was fabulous. We booked 2 different self catering places to stay, which were not package deal. Alot of accom seem very quite, traditional,spotless, some with pools.I think we found them on the ownersdirect websites. Great holiday and very suitable for young children.

Back