Agricultural Q.

O

oldhbh

I just bought an 8 acre piece of land which is very very hilly and basically overrun by monster sized ferns briars etc. that have been let go wild and have grown too high for me to stamp out by any other method. Its an isolated area basically set in the middle of water - so physically I cannot see any danger of spread etc.
I've googled but cannot find much prohibion on this after the 31st of August. I phoned the Co. co. - but no clear advice there! would anyone have more specific knowledge about it pleez..

I gather you want to burn it, burn it all.....

You might be as well getting a man in with a digger for a week or 2 as, together with tearing out bushes, he'd be able to patch holes in the ground, build up ditches, make gaps etc. You'll probably still have to burn a few piles but its safer than burning open ground. Weather has been so wet lately that probably hard to burn it on the ground but risk of spread not that high either.

Also, if you have any cattle, or maybe there are neighbours with cattle, you'd be surprised how much they clean it up/open it up, assuming theres at least some grass on it.

Back