Afterschool

E

EEYF

When the school closes for half days/inservice days or even voting day like tomorrow, does anyone know does Afterschool facilitites normally charge on these days? In the past my one did'nt but now has started charging>

Probably best to check with the facility itself. They might all differ.
e.g. in my son's school I run the after school club for the infants. It's just for an hour so they can go home with older siblings. I'm not there at all on days school closes early.
there is another afterschool club which looks after children all afternoon till 6. they are there during the holidays and will open early on days school closes early. I assume they charge extra for this but I don't know for sure

When the school closes for half days/inservice days or even voting day like tomorrow, does anyone know does Afterschool facilitites normally charge on these days? In the past my one did'nt but now has started charging>

The one my kids use does charge, and it's in the terms and conditions that we're given at the start of each school year. This year they even charged for Saint Patrick's Day, even though the facility wasn't open for business :mad: !

It all depends on whether it is a private run place or a community not for profit one which operates the goverment subvention scheme. If it is private then it will charge according to its overheads but if it is a community one you get a reduction if you are in reciept of a social welfare payment or get family income suplement or if you have a medical or gp card. For a full day the full cost for the 1 in our school is€15 but if you are in reciept of social welfare it is €5 so every where is different. Maybe people could post how much they are paying and what type of t&c are involved in their afterschool. I wonder if there is a big variation in prices

Our kids use the local, privately owned one, 3 days a week.

They're booked in from 8am to 6pm.

I drop them off after 8am where they have their breakfast and are then walked to school.

They're collected from school and walked back to the facility, where they have an afternoon meal and are collected around 5:30.

For this, we pay €162 per week (i.e. €81 x2). We supply their breakfast cereals and afternoon meals. That €162 is payable for each week of term time, whether the school is open or not. Luckily, for us, in-service days are normally taken on a Friday which is not one of the days they're booked in for.

Our creche charges extra when they take school kids for a full day, but dont charge extra when the school day is shorter than normal.

Back