After a fixed interest mortgage ends...

Shaz

I am thinking about fixing my mortgage for 2 years. And I know that since I am changing lenders to do this, I have to submit salary details, etc. My question is what happens after the 2 years are up and I need to do it all again and I am unemployed. Would I be stuck with no lenders willing to offer me a continuation of the mortgage because I would have no salary? What if I want to fix it again or "variable it" with the same bank? Would I have to produce salary details again?
Thanks.

I am thinking about fixing my mortgage for 2 years. And I know that since I am changing lenders to do this, I have to submit salary details, etc. My question is what happens after the 2 years are up and I need to do it all again and I am unemployed.
Not unless you switch/remortgage again. Your circumstances don't really matter other than when applying for a mortgage/remortgage or switching lenders. As long as you can service the loan with an existing lender they don't really care.

Once you have drawndown your mortgage the current lender is really only interested in you servicing your direct debits. They won't look for further information. When your fixed rate is coming to an end the lender will write to you outlining the current rates and ask what rate option you would like to go with. If you don't reply they will most probably simply switch you to the standard variable rate.

Back