Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Re: Affordable Housing with Fingal

If u cant afford the deposit which can be 10-20grand (it can also be less about 8) u go on the shared ownership route in which u own a %age of the place with a view to buying the rest at a later date. I hope some more letters come tru the post, this waiting game is horrible. Does anyone know where will be offered next. Ive herd holywell mentioned. Any know if holywell have still some to places coming online soon??

I don't know for sure if holywell will be affordable, but i do know that there will be houses released in May in Broimhe near Airside. Also in may will be houses in Ongar in Blanchardstown - by all accounts they are meant to be lovely...
Have you been on the waiting list long? I know that it's hard but it's worth it in the long run so just hang on in there. i got my house 4 months after my official approval came thru.

Just to let you know there are houses and apartments coming up in Lusk Village, its a nice estate but they are very small. Two beds with tiny kitchen and average sitting room. They will be about €170 or so I'm told...... should hear something in the next few weeks!

I got a letter today from Fingal advising me of "2 bed Ground and Upper Floor Apartments" in Meakstown. 10 Apartments in total. Prices from 146k (market value 305k) to 154,500 (market value 315k). Min deposits from €7300 to €7725. I have to phone them before Wednesday if I am interested, and they will arrange a viewing (provisionally set for Fri 30th Mar). According to the letter, "appointments to view these properties will be carried out in strict accordance with applicants placing on the list"

Hi Johnjay,sounds like a good price must be worth a look.Does anyone recall the exact price of two bed ground floor apts. on kettles lane,would appreciate if you could post them on thanks.

I must say, I would have to think seriously about accepting a place in Cityside if I was offered one. The devlopment itself is quite nice, though it does have a few dodgy neighbours. The new Charlestown Shopping Centre is due to open shortly, and there is a chance that there will be a "Metro West" stop at Charlestown. And its the nearest I will ever get offered to the city centre from Fingal....

That said, I'm probably too far down the list to be offered a place at this stage.

Since everyone seems more familar with this, can i ask a question... if your putting more than 650 away a month, can you withdraw the surplus money? i had to for car insuance and rang fingal just to check. I was told by some very grumpy woman that she didnt know if it would affect my application but my 650's havent been touched!! Anyone know??

Hi Johnjay,

did you call them. I got one of those letters aswell.
I called this morning and they rang me back this afternoon with an appointment for Friday.
I'm assuming if they can give you an appointment then you're halfway there to making an offer if you like them.

I drove up to citygate yesterday and they apartments they are offering are pretty decent, I had a look at the show apartments, the kitchen units are really lovely and decent sized rooms etc (one thing I did notice was there were no wardrobes in some rooms) but I deffo won't be letting that hold me back.
so when you think of it the most expensive one is 154,500 compared to Kinsealy which were 195k as stated below, but they have an excellent location. The complex is lovely and well maintained the apartments are not all on top of each other as I've seen with other developments.

so lets know how you get on!

C.

I drove up to citygate yesterday and they apartments they are offering are pretty decent, I had a look at the show apartments, the kitchen units are really lovely and decent sized rooms etc (one thing I did notice was there were no wardrobes in some rooms) but I deffo won't be letting that hold me back.

sorry to burst your bubble, but the show apartments on view are not the ones available for Affordable housing, the Affordable ones are the 4 story blocks at the end of each line of Duplex's. The ones available in this release are right down at the very end - u will see them as you drive in the main enterance.

I phoned them today too - got no answer twice, so I left a voice mail this evening - so they will probably call me back tomorrow, if not then I will call them again.

J

Have you gone and looked at them, you can see in the windows!

Maybe not the exact same layout as the show apartments but still decent enough sized kitchen etc.

and don't worry about bursting my bubble, I'd be happy to accept one of them after a year waiting for something.

Whats the story with the dodgy neighbours comment below...did you actually see or speak to any of them?

C.

Sorry to burst your bubble again , but that good sized kitchen in citygate is also your living room.

Hi Sammie, thanks a mil for that.

Norton - Just one point to clarify, I was there on Sunday. There is no halting site! There are 5-6 houses there that settlled travellers reside in. According to the site below that Sammie sent no residents of Citygate have had any issues with them or dumping etc.
OK - so its not ideal but theres seems to be more complaints about kids, and knacker drinking in the area than there is about the travellers
residences.
the other prob that is sticking out on the site Sammie sent is the noise, people do appear to have a lot of probs with noise from apartments above them.

Norton, I have not actually seen inside the apartments yet, My viewing is this Friday. Just wondering if you have? Are you certain the kitchens are also the living area?
sorry for the questions but I liked the complex, but if the apartments for aff housing are that different to the others and are not up to scratch then I would not take one, but I'd like to be prepared and have questions to ask Fingal at the ready...hence the questions :)

Johnjay - did you have any luck with Fingal and getting an appointment?
Would the posts on the neighbours website on citygate influence your decision to take an appointment.

Am just looking for opinions guys...this is my first viewing and I don't want to make a bad decision...I genuinely need help!

thanks,

C.

Hi Sammie,

I also have a viewing this week in citygate, ive been up to have a look, im almost certain the kitchen is also the living room as there is a NTL pipe connection low down on the wall which could only be for a living room TV.
The complex looks very impressive, very well laid out,

I'm not sure I've been looking at the right ones then :-/

when I drove in and found the numbers of the apartments that were on the letter from fingal there were so ground floor ones and you could look in the window.
There was a kitchen, just self contained. Not linked onto any other room, it had its own door.

but anyway, will wait and see what they show on Friday. Might be pleasantly surprised...well I hope I am anyway...

Id be carefull about just accepting a place cause its a good location. Chances are you are with a chance of geting a place if ur going to view. You have to take into account that a lot of people will turn it down for different reasons. If u like it go for it. Since ur geting a offer u must be in a ok position on the list so more will be coming.

I'm not sure I've been looking at the right ones then :-/

when I drove in and found the numbers of the apartments that were on the letter from fingal there were so ground floor ones and you could look in the window.
There was a kitchen, just self contained. Not linked onto any other room, it had its own door.

but anyway, will wait and see what they show on Friday. Might be pleasantly surprised...well I hope I am anyway...

I get the impression they are something like this www.daft.ie/143712, but with a second bedroom

Johnjay,

I wish they were like that, but i thk eveyones is in for a shock when they see the living room and kitchen set up, its tiny, these apartments are just 60 sqm or 650 sqft, quite small as apartments go, its my understanding that a typical 2 bed apartment would be 750 sqft.

Back