Affordable Housing Process/Plans South Dublin CC

Re: Affordable Housing With SDCC

SDCC have a website for Affordable Housing Initiatives, which seems to detail future projects

[broken link removed]

A friend of mine applied to property path Jan '06 and had her place picked and all by Apr '06 and moved in, in June but as was said earlier this was before a lot of programmes highlighted AHI also her house was valued at a little under market value but as she said she wasn't paying the value price and she had no plans on selling it for a while anyway.

Also with the Clawback if they say they are giving you 50% off then you only pay them 50% of what you sell the house for not the valuation price

"Property Path is now also seeking applications from people who earn over €40,000 per year. The Council have a number of properties coming onstream over the next 12 months which you may be eligible to purchase."

[broken link removed]

i just put a deposit on an apt under the ahi scheme in carrig court. i would be intersted to hear from anyone else who has. the apts are ready but sdcc has said that it will take at least 4 weeks to get it valued by someone. I would love to have a proper timescale on how long it will take before the transaction is complete.

A relative of mine put their deposit down 8th Dec 06 and moved in 23rd Feb. Christmas came in the middle of things, so I think that held things up. At the time the agent said late Jan early Feb. It takes about 4 weeks to firm up mortage and receive Cheque. From when you do snag it also takes about 3 - 4 weeks. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Hey spillac, do you mind if I ask what prices are the apts under the AHI scheme in carrig court? I am currently trying to get a 3-bet apt in the paddocks on the same scheme but am havin trouble getting enough from the mortgage lenders, just wonderng would I be better to get my deposit back and try another development.

Cheers, Gav

I've been on the scheme waiting list for 8 month's now and I haven't been offered any properties. I'm wondering if the numbers of properties being offered has dried up or are people out there still getting offers?

the waiting time is approx 18months, so unlikely you will be offered any after 8months unfortunately.

My only worry is that no new developments are going up as far as I can see especially round Tallaght area...well they are going up but have been assigned to Affordable housing Inititive already.

Guess we have to wait for people in exisiting AH properties to sell up!

Guess we have to wait for people in exisiting AH properties to sell up![/quote]

As Far as I understand it people who own AH sell on the open market. The only AH are the % of new builds from the builders. As building is slowing down the number of AH will drop too.

Guess we have to wait for people in exisiting AH properties to sell up!

As Far as I understand it people who own AH sell on the open market. The only AH are the % of new builds from the builders. As building is slowing down the number of AH will drop too.[/quote]

Are u sure about this? I heard the opposite. Once it is an AH property it will always be an AH property. Otherwise we are screwed!

From my understaning of DCC website eplaining affordable housing - all of the houses are new (see below).

What are the 3 different types of Affordable Housing schemes #5393

What are the 3 different types of Affordable Housing schemes:
1) Houses built on Dublin City Council owned lands - Dublin City Council Affordable Housing Scheme.
2) Apartments in private residential developments throughout the city - Part V Affordable Housing Scheme.
3) On lands made available by the Government ( no properties available under option 3 until late 2006) - Affordable Housing Initiative.

that's right - when you sell an Ah house it is on the open market and it goes for the market rate.

I thought I'd breath some life back into this thread with an explaination of my circumstances, however dull they are...

I've just applied for the SDCC affordable housing scheme 2 weeks ago and received confirmation that I am on the waiting list today.

On the phone they assured me I would be offered an apartment in 12 months time, and the letter backed this up.

I also have doubts about the number of AH coming on board, but every time I ask the question the people in Property Path are adament that there are plenty coming on board.

I'm living close enough to Tallaght, but having frequented the are I'm not too excited about setting up a home there for the next twenty years. Hopefully some more developments like the ones in Knocklyon come on board.

Good luck everyone!

Colsku I was told the only up and coming developments at present are Millrace in Saggart and Tallaght cross beside the Square, and i would be offered one of them within 3/4 months.

As far as I know there are no developments for aprtments in Knocklyon. They are knocking down the garage on the knocklyon road and building houses/apartments. But that wont be for a few years.

I was on to SDCC last week and apparently they will be receiving keys in the coming days to several new developments, which I assume is Millrace etc (see [broken link removed]). Tallaght Cross is on hold as there is a dispute between SDCC and the developer over the lands (SDCC owns the land) and who knows when that will be resolved (sure none of the apartments are occupied as of yet). Patience is a virtue as they say....:D

I am not sure if you have been allocated affordable or not as at moment. If not i heard news that distribution coming up this week at Adamstown. Check this out please, you might be lucky.

I was on to SDCC last week and apparently they will be receiving keys in the coming days to several new developments, which I assume is Millrace etc (see [broken link removed]). Tallaght Cross is on hold as there is a dispute between SDCC and the developer over the lands (SDCC owns the land) and who knows when that will be resolved (sure none of the apartments are occupied as of yet). Patience is a virtue as they say....:D

Yes they told me about Tallaght Cross being on hold, tbh I would love to be offered one there so I dont mind there being delays as I dont think I will be offered anywhere till this Summer or just before.

Do you know the name of the development opposite Tallaght Cross ? (its still under construction)

Back