Affordable Housing-Process/Plans Cork County

Hey Dylanjohn,

Did you sign your contracts?
Hiya,

I did, I signed them on Tuesday, so I really dont know how long from now. My solicitor was still adament that I get a snag list done, but I exlpained to her about people cancelling their engineers cos there was one done already. So I said if they were delaying at all, just forget about it cos I want the keys as soon as possible. So hopefully soon!

When do you expect to move in, or have you already?

About three weeks I'd say by the time the tiling/flooring and all that is done. My solicitor was the same until he realised that it was already done. Did you sign the forms to get the cheque and all that drawn down?

Dont think I did to be honest, just the contracts. Should I have signed them the same time as the contracts?

Hi Dylanjohn,

I signed everything the day I went to the solicitor as this speeds the process up. Getting the cheque drawdown can take up to a week.

Hi Suzy,

Im just gonna wait for my solicitor to get back in touch with me now, hopefully Ill not have to wait too long..... Really just want the keys, you know yourself.

Hi Suzy,

Nope, there is still a letter called "confirmation to lender" outstanding. I thought I gave this to my solicitor, but they dont seem to have it. So I am waiting on the council to send this back to me, and then once cheque issue have this in Dub, the money will be drawn down. So shouldn't be too long after that.

I have ordered a good bit of furniture, so I feel like I have got something done myself. Just want to get in to get the measurments Etc so I can get floors & tiles etc sorted.

Have you moved in yet?

No not yet waiting now for the carpets and stuff to be put in. So hopefully not much longer.

I googled "Highfield Park" yesterday, and theres a nice web page of it there, showhouses etc. But the header picture is our row, it looks fab. Did you ever see it?

I just looked at it there it looks good allright. You should have your keys so by next week I'd say. What did you do about the snag?

Thats the other thing, my sol wrote to the councils sol to try get the keys for a day, and we're still waiting. I said if there is a delay Id rather just move on with things. Im not even bothered about getting one done, as the council already done it.....

My Sol did the same when we thought originally that we had to get the snag done and they didn't reply so my sol rang them and they said I had to contact the council myself to arrange it.

Well I got onto a crowd in Ballincollig who are gonna go to the house next week and do up a report (not a snag) They are gonna go through the house and check that everything is in order etc., and that costing €250. I said I may as well just do it as my sol was very concerned that I did. I really just want to get the ball rolling now, Iv ordered lots of furniture now, and I want to be get them delivered soon......

Well I got onto a crowd in Ballincollig who are gonna go to the house next week and do up a report (not a snag) They are gonna go through the house and check that everything is in order etc., and that costing €250. I said I may as well just do it as my sol was very concerned that I did. I really just want to get the ball rolling now, Iv ordered lots of furniture now, and I want to be get them delivered soon......

just wondering guys, how much did ye pay for the allocated units?

Hi Passat0,

House prices varied in this estate, starting at 220k - 240k for 3 bed houses. Not too sure the prices of the apartments etc, or even if there are any affordable ones in this estate.

Hi all,

Did anybody hear anything about Heron's Wood in Carrigaline or Castletreasure? When the offers are being made?

Hiya Suzy,

Im driven mad at this stage!! There was a mix up with my easystep application (I opted for this) and they had to send me out more forms to sign as it was only set up originally for 1 year, and it was meant for 3 years! I am hoping the sale will close this week or early next week, and hopefully have the keys the end of next week or early the following week. Also I think the engineer is calling to do his report at some stage this week. I cannot believe how drawn out it is, Im beginning to think its never gonna happen!!

But how are you getting on?? Are you in yet? There's a lot to be done really isnt there, the house is empty......

Hi Dylanjohn,

You'll get there don't worry. Your right there is so much to be done. We are hoping to move in next weekend providing that all the furniture and carpets go down in time.

Back