Affordable housing clawback

ruthkell

Hi, Been to EBS to apply for affordable housing mortgage as advised by my local council and they tell me that if passed for mortgage with them I avoid the clawback as all future dealings will be between the builder, EBS and myself. The council will pass over sale to us three once mortgage agreed.
Could this be for real (hard to believe?) I have asked the council and they have said I can deal directly now with builder and mortgage company? Surely somebody has got something wrong here?
I know If i had to obtain my mortgage from County Council the clawback would be written into the documents at solicitor stage. Can anybody throw some light on this subject for me?

your solicitor will receive documents from the council stating the clawback precentage. The unit will be registered in your and the councils name. when the house is sold the council get their % back.

i bought an affordable house in Cork CC and there was no % clawback written into the contract

it's not written in your house/appartment closing contract. it's a spearate document that is sent to your solicitor from the council. that's how DCC work.

You don't avoid the clawback. You have paid your fee to the council and now deal with the mortgage company and builder directly. Your solicitor receives details of clawback.

Yes, this is correct. We're in the middle of our application, and the Coco sent forms about the clawback to our solicitor, which we had to agree to and sign.

Back