Affordable home

Shelleyb

Does anyone think the government/bank will offer some sort of help to those in affordable homes?

I'm talking about those of us on very low incomes who will not be able to carry the proposed increases in tax/levies/property tax/water-rates etc and further mortgage interest increase together?

Or will I just stop worrying and enjoy the time I have left in my one and only home?

Since those owning affordable housing have already been subsidised by taxpayers, I imagine news that they should receive extra special help over other mortgage-owners is pretty unlikely unless the government want more abuse.

Affordable houses are not subsidised by taxpayers. The Council buy a house at say 200,000 from the developer and sell it on to someone on the affordable house list at 200,000. The Council do not lose money as the full mortgage is repaid. If the house value goes below 200,000 the homeowner takes the loss, not the Council. If the house value rises the council share in the profit.

Affordable houses are not subsidised by taxpayers. The Council buy a house at say 200,000 from the developer and sell it on to someone on the affordable house list at 200,000. The Council do not lose money as the full mortgage is repaid. If the house value goes below 200,000 the homeowner takes the loss, not the Council. If the house value rises the council share in the profit.
Lol. You could not be more wrong.

Details. It's all in the details.

Back